Monday, November 27
- Read Hamlet, Act. III
- Watch a film version of Hamlet (visit #engl3212 at Twitter for links to film rental options):
- Laurence Olivier – Hamlet (1948)
- Franco Zeffirelli – Hamlet (1990)
- Kenneth Branagh – Hamlet (1996)
- Michael Almereyda – Hamlet (2000)
- David Tennant Hamlet (2009)
- Use screen capture to get interesting images or image sequences from the film.
- Come prepared to discuss film in groups and prepare memes and Pecha Kucha presentation about the film adaptation.
- Divide play into acts & assign group members.
- Each group member will create memes based on memorable moments in their chosen act.
- Memes should use:
- an image from the film (edited, if so desired)
- text from Hamlet
- your own text
- strive for humor or wit, or some thought-provoking observation about the play, characters, situation, etc.
Wednesday, November 29
- Bring about 5 memes using an image from your portion of your film adaptation.
- Work in groups preparing Pecha Kucha presentation for Friday.
Friday, November 31
- Create blog for the course (Tumblr, WordPress, Blogger, etc.)
- Pecha Kucha presentations on Hamlet film adaptation memes:
- Discuss overall vision for the adaptation.
- Discuss production choices made for the adaptation.
- Retell Hamlet with 20 memes based on your film adaptation.
- Share interesting (good & bad) moments in the adaptation.
- Resources on Pecha Kucha