Weeks 13-15: Electronic Literature
Final (Exam) Assignment: Framework, Hacked, Remixed Works
- The goal of this assignment is to create a work of electronic literature based on an established framework or hacking/remixing the source code of another work of electronic literature.
- The works assigned from May 11-May 16 will showcase possible frameworks or hackable/remixable works. Choose one and build a work based on the discussed frameworks, or on another framework you wish to adapt.
- The final work is due the day of the final exam: May 31 at 8:45 pm.
- Publish the work in your hosted space, and link to it in a post in your blog, framing the work with a brief description and featured image.
- Share the link to your blog post in our Facebook Group.
Monday, May 7
- In class: video work draft critiques
- Assignment: Revise your video work and post a link to your revised version as a comment to your original draft in our Facebook Group before class.
Wednesday, May 9
- In class: group work on video work
- Assignment: Revise and publish your final video work in your blog with an intro and featured image. Share a link to your blog post in our Facebook Group.
Friday, May 11
- Final video work due. Publish your final video work in your blog with an intro and featured image. Share a link to your blog post in our Facebook Group.
- In class: lecture and discussion of “A Nervous System” and the Pane3D framework.
- Assignment: Read “How to Rob a Bank“
Monday, May 14
Wednesday, May 16
- In class: lecture and discussion of Taroko Gorge and its remixes.
- Assignment: Read a poem from “Memory Slam” or “The Two” and post a link to the poem in our Facebook with a comment on the work.
Friday, May 18
- Class does not meet: instead, watch this video lecture and post a reaction/response in our Facebook Group before Saturday, May 19.
- Assignment: Start developing a work of electronic literature using one of the frameworks discussed. Bring a draft, or at least a concept ready to class on Monday.
Monday, May 21
- In class: Electronic literature sharing, authoring, workshopping.
- Assignment: Share a draft of your work in our Facebook Group.
Wednesday, May 23
- In class: Electronic literature workshop.
- Assignment: Complete your final work, write an entry in your blog with an intro, featured image, and link to the work. Share a link to your blog post in our Facebook Group.
Friday, May 25
- Portfolio instructions and wrap-up.