Weeks 5 – 6: From Twine to Fandom
Monday, February 15
- Academic Recess. Class does not meet.
Wednesday, February 17
- Anticipating University closure due to student protests, we will do these activities online. Class will not meet today.
- Sign up for a fandom group using this Google Document (UPR login required).
- Once groups are ready (I will identify when they are):
- Create a private Slack conversation among group members to communicate and share resources, readings, etc on your chosen fandom.
- Prepare a brief group presentation (10 minutes) for Monday, February 22 in which you present the following about your fandom:
- Main online communities & resources
- Links to cool fanfics
- A sampling of fan art
- Everyone in the group must participate in preparation and presentation of slideshow.
- Create a Google Slideshow in this shared folder to develop your presentations as a group.
Monday, February 22
- Group presentations
Wednesday, February 24
- Remaining group presentations (if necessary).
- Bring a draft of a fanfic (blog post, HTML page, Twine, whatever) to share with your group, based on the fandom you’ve been studying.