Welcome to my Modern Poetry class!
This semester we will explore one of the most innovative periods in Anglophone poetry: the early to mid 20th century, and an artistic, literary, and poetic movement known as Modernism.
Here’s some basic information on the course:
Wednesday, February 14
- In class:
- Read A Brief Guide to Romanticism and Victorian Poetry
- Read a poem from this list and write a 1-2 paragraph discussion of its characteristics and themes.
- Share a link to the poem and your analysis in our Facebook Group by Friday, February 16 at noon.
- Read the poem and respond to a classmate’s analysis no later than noon on Sunday, February 18.
Friday, February 16
- Class does not meet.
- Don’t forget your assignment!