Welcome to the Spring 2017 Digital Humanities Internship!
I have won a small grant from the Fundación Puertorriqueña de las Humanidades to translate I ♥︎️ Poetry into Spanish and redesign it as a bilingual website with stronger entry points and resources for K-12 students, educators, and the general public. Our focus will be on developing the site along several lines:
- First things first, awaken I ♥︎️ Poetry from its dormant state. It’s been semi-dormant for the past two years and its time to get it going as a living project, which implies a number of translation
- Make a fresh WordPress installation with the WordPress Multilingual plugin
- import content from the original site and translate to Spanish. Most of the original entries are already translated offsite.
- Redesign website & create resources for multiple audiences.
- Launch new installation, mapping old URLs to new ones in the ht.access file.
- Build plugins for metadata and search engine integration with http://cellproject.net/.
- Adopt or develop plugins with library standards integration.
We will also be working on developing the English Department Website, which includes:
- Online journalism.
- Publicizing and covering events.
- Updating and developing the English Department Website.
- Other related duties.
In the meantime, your initial tasks are to: