The ELMCIP Knowledge Base is linking back to the old I ♥ E-Poetry URLs and we need to gather the information for the old and current URLs.
The first task is therefore to gather the old and current URLs in a spreadsheet, so we can correct the URLs and create a way to redirect missing links to the correct entry. Here’s the procedure:
- Open three tabs in your browser:
- In the I ♥ E-Poetry ELMCIP page, scroll down to the Works Referenced listing.
- Go to the Task Listing to know what pages you’ve been assigned to and go to those pages.
- Gather old URL:
- Select the title of a work
- Select and copy the title of the work and paste into Gdoc.
- Scroll down to “I ♥ E-Poetry entry”
- Right click on the link to copy URL and paste it in Gdoc.
- Gather current URL
- Search for work title in I ♥ E-Poetry and go to the entry
- Copy the URL for the entry and paste into Gdoc.
- Go to the next work and redo steps 4 & 5.
- Repeat until you’ve completed all the works in the pages assigned to you.
- Mark your Task as completed.
In the Gdoc, don’t worry about alphabetical order: we can resort everything at the end. Just enter the data, quick and messy.
We’ll go over this procedure and get to work on it together on Monday.