- Design logo for English Department – Luis Adriel
- Manage Events Calendar – Yxallys
- Manage Facebook Page & create FB events – Luis Adriel
- New MAEE students – Mildred
- MAEE thesis projects – Matthew
- ITSLA website – Ana & Keishly
- Design Forward Summit poster
- General Instruction for poster presenters: Room and poster number will be provided at registration. Posters should be mounted at the poster board before 9:00 am. Posters should not exceed 36” (W) x 42” (H). You must include author’s names and institutions at the top of the posters.
- Researchers: Posters should have at least the following information: background, central question/problem, methods, and data that support the stated conclusion(s).
- Task: put together design ideas for poster. Present in our next class.
- English Department Web development and blog journalism
Initiatives for this semester & academic year:
- Fundación Puertoriqueña de las Humanidades grant.
- Outreach activities:
Here are the first set of tasks:
- Sign up to Slack and join the dh-internship channel.
- On this first week, your job will be to familiarize yourselves with the spaces we’ll be working with, I ♥︎ E-Poetry, The English Department Website, and the Mayagüez Children’s Library website.
- Sign up for Codecademy and complete the HTML & CSS Course.
- Write a 1-page self evaluation of your Assignments. Criteria:
- Did you do it?
- Did you do it on time?
- Did you do it well?
- Give yourself a grade based on your responses.
- E-mail me your self evaluation by Friday, May 13.
- Complete ELC3 Promo videos
- Plan & execute I ♥︎ E-Poetry Café event (May 2, 2016)
- Continue work on Mayaguez Children’s Library Website
- Continue work on English Department Website
Promoting the ELC3
- Read and explore the 7-8 works assigned to you in the Poetry listing for the ELC3
- Make a 3-7 second screen captured video of each work. The filename should be the work title.
- Compose a Tweet that invites people to explore the work. It must be under 140 characters and include the following: the video, link to the work in the ELC3 and the following hashtags: #ELC3 #elit #NationalPoetryMonth #NPM16 #poetry (this leaves you about 44 characters to work with).
- Place the videos in this folder.
- Add the text in this spreadsheet.
- 1 from each person by midnight on Thursday, March 31.
- 2-8 from each person by Monday, April 4.
- Create images for Instagram sharing:
- Use famous authors and quotes by them.
- Add #EnglishUPRM hashtag
- Place in Google Drive folder
- Alanis Font: publish one image per day.
Things to do
- Cover Dr. Rosita Rivera’s Director Candidacy presentation.
- Develop recruitment & publicity campaign for MAEE Graduate Program.
- Graduate Program Advertising Campaign (Shared Google Doc -UPR login required)
- Study the MAEE Graduate Program (Michael & Michael)
- Identify resources out there. How do other graduate programs advertise and recruit students? (Alanis, Julianna, Brenda)
- Identify existing local resources (write Ricia Chansky and Sandra Soto for previous material, share it in Google Drive) (Andrea)
- Research how to reach target audiences (Ashlene. Keishly)
- Use our Slack channel to discuss ideas, share links of possible approaches.
- Apply for a Hispanic Scholarship Fund scholarship (deadline March 30).
How to render and download your code?