- I ♥︎ E-Poetry reboot:
- English Department port & development:
- English Department journalism
- Event promo & coverage
- Articles: profiles, history, etc.
- Alumni campaign
- Kickstarter campaign
- Social media campaign
- Develop script for a promo video on the English Lounge.
- Document English Lounge: photos, videos, etc.
- Develop interview questions.
- Interview English majors and other Lounge regulars.
- Interview alumni of our program.
- Develop Community mailing list.
- Update Alumni information
- Kickstarter folder
- Create adjunct faculty pages: Orlando and Jonathan
- Write adjunct faculty profiles: Lisneisy and Andrés
- Create course pages: Carlos and Gabriela
- Kickstarter campaign planning
- event promos
- Poetry slam: Gabriela
- Children’s library anniversary: Lisneisy
- other coverage: TBA
- event promos
- Familiarize yourselves with WordPress and the Department of English Website.
- English Department blog post genres: profile, event promo, event coverage, informative post, course promo, other articles.
- Initial Assignments:
- Accessibility tool for Website: http://wave.webaim.org/ (Main task: alt-text for images). – Gabriela
- Redesign faculty pages, using featured images and shortcode columns (documentation).-Orlando and Jonathan
- Meet the Administration (Leonardo Flores, Mary Sefranek)-Lisneisy
- Meet the Staff (Katherine Jorge, Paulette Almodovar, Albert Cruz)-Andres.
- Create course pages. – Carlos
Welcome to the Spring 2017 Digital Humanities Internship!
I have won a small grant from the Fundación Puertorriqueña de las Humanidades to translate I ♥︎️ Poetry into Spanish and redesign it as a bilingual website with stronger entry points and resources for K-12 students, educators, and the general public. Our focus will be on developing the site along several lines:
- First things first, awaken I ♥︎️ Poetry from its dormant state. It’s been semi-dormant for the past two years and its time to get it going as a living project, which implies a number of translation
- Make a fresh WordPress installation with the WordPress Multilingual plugin
- import content from the original site and translate to Spanish. Most of the original entries are already translated offsite.
- Redesign website & create resources for multiple audiences.
- Launch new installation, mapping old URLs to new ones in the ht.access file.
- Build plugins for metadata and search engine integration with http://cellproject.net/.
- Adopt or develop plugins with library standards integration.
We will also be working on developing the English Department Website, which includes:
- Online journalism.
- Publicizing and covering events.
- Updating and developing the English Department Website.
- Other related duties.
In the meantime, your initial tasks are to:
- Complete the HTML & CSS course in Codecademy.
- Familiarize yourselves with the English Department Website and I ♥︎️ Poetry.
- Familiarize yourselves with our class space in Moodle.
- Work on approved final projects.
- Complete ongoing tasks.
- Final project presentations: Monday, December 12, 2016, 4:30-6:30 pm, CH-326
- I ♥︎ E-Poetry translation inventory: Keishly
- English Department journalism:
- Faculty profiles – Ana
- Retired faculty – Yxallys
- Course promos – TBA
- Innovation Tracks: Luis Adriel
- Event coverage – TBA
- Web Development:
- Institute for the Teaching and Study of Language and Assessment (ITSLA) – Ana
- Editorial work: Mildred and Ana
- Logo design: Luis Adriel
- Final projects – be prepared to discuss this in our Oct. 31 meeting.