These are the tasks to be done for La Feria del Libro:
- Sign up for at least 8 hours in I ♥ E-Poetry @ Feria del Libro calendar.
- Setup: table, posters, presentation room
- Represent I ♥ E-Poetry at table: demos, orientation, brochures, cards
- Presentations: use e-mailed links to setup presentation in browser, select according to audience and time.
- Support during academic presentation: hand out brochures, cards.
- Document your participation with photos.
- Social media outreach: post in blog, Facebook & Twitter.
For this week, we need to do the following:
- prepare final drafts for submission.
- By Sunday night everyone delivers to Team.
- Team: Hector, Yaisha, Juan Carlos
- I ♥ E-Poetry Resources
- Create site Index.
- A to Z by title – Assigned to: Pedro Noel Doreste
- Feria Internacional del Libro
- Add and organize logos in sidebar widget – Assigned to: Ian
- Google Calendar with Programa Artístico and Programa Académico
- You should be able to access the calendar with your UPR account and this link. Look for calendars shared with me.
- Create events for each activity on calendar.
- Assigned to: Ian, with help from Emanuel and Juan Colon after Monday.
This week we will be developing further our posters, videos, and web resources:
- select, organize, and combine videos.
- write script and incorporate as captions in selected frames.
- Bring draft of script and video by next meeting.
- Same groups as posters.
- Create (private) Page, in Spanish for your target audience.
This week we’ll be developing the following resources:
- Continue development of Tercera Feria Internacional del Libro Eugenio María de Hostos website.
- Ian – Sponsors
- Everyone else: standing by
- Create posters representing I ♥ E-Poetry (example)
- Adults: Hector and Pedro
- Big Kids: Juan & Emanuel
- Little Kids: Juan Carlos & Yaisha
- Contribute to video consisting of multiple screen-captured videos from works of e-literature (everyone)
- Download and install Jing in your computers.
- Read 10 works of e-literature from the resources you worked on last week
- Choose 3 works to traverse while screen-recording.
- Create 3 10-second clips of exciting screen-captured video that visually communicates the awesomeness of electronic literature.
- Upload them to our Google Drive shared folder – Video Folder
- Develop private resource pages in I ♥ E-Poetry:
Okay, let’s get to work. This week features two projects: creating a site for La Feria del Libro and expanding upon established I ♥ E-Poetry resources as well as familiarizing yourselves with the site.
La Feria del Libro
- The team to work on this site.
- Juan Colon
- The materials and information are in this Google Drive Folder.
- create pages with the information in the materials
- work on blog design (themes, widgets, menus)
- create and develop Twitter and Facebook pages for the event
- Create several sample profile pictures for FB & Twitter.
Linking Back to Resource Pages
- Open assigned resource:
- Follow links to individual entries (works covered)
- Read entries & explore works that interest you.
- Link back to original resource. Text (in bold): “Featured in [resource title].“
- Place link before ELMCIP Knowledge Base image/link.
- Make the link NOT open in a new window. (this is different from what I explained. I changed my mind.;-)
This Spring semester, the DH Internship will be focusing on several activities:
- I ♥ E-Poetry
- Resource Development
- Tagging and Metadata Revision
- Interface design
- Outreach Materials
- Surveying resources
- Create resources
- ELMCIP Knowledge Base
- Creating and updating records
- Mayagüez Book Fair
- Poster design
- E-lit screen capture videos
- Activities for children
- Poster Presentations
- Web Design
- Arteroids Archive
- Describe and tag archive materials
The first order of business is to create accounts and familiarize yourselves with the administrative interfaces for our resources:
For these two weeks, we need to:
- Ian: develop and implement the page design we discussed in the meeting on all of the pages.
- Cynthia: finish entering data on the missing pages
- Visit all the I ♥ E-Poetry pages and link back to the resource pages.
- Correct the page templates, which include:
- Moving title and author link to caption on screen capture
- Make the links open in new windows
- Add the more tag after the first paragraph in each entry
Okay my esteemed interns, it’s time to develop some resources:.
You’re going to begin with the pages that you already created for the exhibitions, publications, collections, and websites and you’re going to describe them, add screenshots, provide information from the ELMCIP KB, links to the resources and a complete listing of the works covered and not covered in I <3 E-Poetry, including links to the entries. Information to cover:
- year(s) of publication
Begin with the ones assigned to you and we’ll work out distributing the rest.