I am hiring two graduate research assistants to work with me in a project titled “La Literatura Electrónica en Puerto Rico: Divulgando el Futuro de la Palabra.”
Both Graduate Research Assistantships are for 300 hours of work during this 2016-17 academic year, divided into 10 hours/week for 15 weeks each semester. The assistantships pay $12 per hour for a total of $1,800 per semester, $3,600 for the whole academic year. These assistantships do not pay for tuition, fees, or other benefits.
To qualify for these assistantships you need to be enrolled full time in a graduate program at UPRM and be available for both semesters of the 2016-17 academic year. The assistantship will be renewed for the Spring 2017 semester based on excellent performance during the Fall 2016 semester. Here’s a general listing of the requirements and duties associated for both assistantships:
- Duties: Programming work for I ♥︎ E-Poetry and DH Internship related projects, developing WordPress plugins and themes, programming a Jekyll port of I ♥︎ E-Poetry, from Ruby back-end to front end template design, and performing other related programming tasks.
- Requirements: Fully bilingual in Spanish and English. Meticulous, editorial-level mastery of writing in Spanish. Interest in translation, poetry, literary criticism, and electronic literature.
- Duties: Translation work for I ♥︎ E-Poetry, help leading and training DH Internship team in translation and porting of I ♥︎ E-Poetry resources, editorial work, and performing other related tasks.
How to Apply
E-mail me (firstname.lastname@example.org) the following:
- A brief letter (500 words or less) in which you establish:
- Your interest in the project.
- Your qualifications, relevant skills, and experience.
- A 1-page resume listing:
- Relevant coursework and experience.
- Two references and their e-mail addresses.