My dear colleagues from around the world. Have you ever wanted to invite me to come over to give a talk, collaborate, and share my expertise but didn’t think you could afford to bring me all the way from the US to your country? Well, your opportunity is now here.
I have been accepted to the Fulbright Specialist Program (FSP), which places me on a roster of scholars who are available to be invited by an eligible host institution outside of the United States for periods of 2-6 weeks to work on a variety of activities, and the FSP will fund most of it. Here are some of the possible kinds of activities (from the website):
The Fulbright Specialist Program encourages host institutions to tailor projects to their own needs. However, all projects should have an education or training focus. Due to the short-term nature of the exchange, projects should have concrete objectives that can be achieved over the course of the Specialist’s visit. Past Specialists have supported host institutions by conducting activities such as:
- Delivering a seminar or workshop
- Consulting on faculty or workforce development
- Developing academic or training curricula and materials
- Lecturing at the graduate or undergraduate level
- Conducting needs assessments or evaluations for a program or institution
So for the next 3 years I am available to be invited speak or work on projects on topics, such as:
- Electronic literature and digital writing: history, scholarship, publishing, creative practices, etc.
- AI and its impact on writing and education
- Creating elit anthologies, databases, and publications
- Organizing and developing professional organizations in the field
If you’d like to invite me, here’s a resource with the application process and the FAQ for Host Institutions. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me via email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to collaborating with you!